Musings, Written on Infinite Tape

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Trips are Never Smooth

Wake up at 5 am. (Ok, really woke up at 3am because of the big storm.) Shower and dress. Drive down to the airport. My low fuel light turns on just before I get in the parking lot. Something else to take care of when I get home.

The American counter is all hosed up. It took me 30 minutes to check in. Ran into Frank while I was there, and we actually were on the same connecting flight to Dallas. Of course, he was in first class, row one, so we didn't talk much. He was visiting Fullerton and Brea.

Flight left a couple minutes late, but not bad. There was a college soccer team heading home from Terre Haute, with all the bluster of a typical soccer team. They were a fun bunch.

Finally got some (bad) food at DFW. There's a new tram at the airport. Their innovation is apparently that seats are no longer necessary. That, combined with a very jerky track (given that it's brand new), made for a jerky, uncomfortable ride. Then, the plane we were waiting to board didn't get in until 30 minutes after we we're supposed to board. Whaddya know, they had to fly around the big storm. Is it that hard to anticipate these things.

Then, we sat on the runway for more than a half hour (or so...I fell asleep) waiting for clearance to leave. Ooof. So, that put me into town more than an hour late. The typically-agressive cab drive got me to the hotel with 45 minutes to spare before my first session. Would have been quicker, but there were three cars broken down on the expressway near Monster Park, including one that was very much on fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home